About the Test
What is TOEFL iBT ®test?The premium English Proficiency TOEFL® test is designed to prepare test taker for the academic environment and campus based situations. It measures the ability of a test taker to use and understand English as it’s read, written, heard and spoken in academic setting.
Main Features of the TOEFL iBT ® Test
- It tests all 4 language skills that are important for effective communication: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- It is delivered via the internet in secure test centers around the world.
- Some tasks require test takers to combine more than one skill. Integrated tasks in the test help learners build the confidence they need to communicate in any environment.
- The test is up to 3 hours long. All test sections will be completed on the same day.
- Note – taking is allowed. Test takers can take notes on any section of the test and they can use those notes when answering the questions.
TOEFL iBT® Special Home EditionTo maintain the norms of social distancing and public health concern, caused by COVID-19, ETS is temporarily offering the TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition test.
The content, format and test experience is Identical to TOEFL iBT®. It is taken on the taker’s computer at home and is monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®. At home administrations are currently available around the clock every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday through June 30, 2020.
To check system requirements, eligibility and test registration process, (Click here).
- Different schools and programs have different TOEFL score requirements.
- Each of the four section has a score scale of 0 to 30 and a total score from 0 to 120 for the entire test.
- Scores are valid for 2 years after the test date.
- Test taker can retake the test for better score as many times as required.
- The required waiting period between TOEFL iBT® tests is reduced from 12 days to 3 days.
MyBest™ scoresgenerically called Superscores are the combination of the highest section scores from all valid test dates. Score reports show both MyBest™ scores and the scores from a single test date, scores are valid for two years thereafter.
Test structureThe TOEFL iBT® test has four sections and is taken at secure, authorized test centres. The test duration is 3 hours to lessen the fatigue of the test taker.
Registrations are available five to six months before the test date. You can register online up to 2 days before a test date, with late fee. However, It’s recommended to register well before the test, to meet urgent deadlines.
Your nearest TOEFL ® Test agent
When making the decision about your career, gathering the information from the right source can be overwhelming. There are more than 500 official agents in India to give you correct information about TOEFL and to guide you about the whole process.
ETS wants the test takers to get the best scores possible, by providing all the tips and ideas to prepare well for the test. To stay up-to-date with the latest practice test and to have most accurate practice test, prepare from the official TOEFL materials. We recommend that you utilize all the below resources when planning your preparations.
Free practice resources:
- TOEFL Go!® Official App
- TOEFL ® Test Tips
- TOEFL® TV
To smoothly plan the journey for your dream education, we have some resources that can help you in planning for aspects like your list of school, student visa, test registration and other minor but important details. So use our following resources to make an impeccable plan for your dream university.
Free practice resources:
If you have incurred travel costs to get to the test center, you may be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable and documented travel expenses for yourself only within 30 days of your original test date. Refunds are in US dollars. Contact us here.
REGUS, Level 3, Vasant Square Mall,
Pocket-V, Sector-B, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110070